Just last year in February, we celebrated HJFS’ 90th birthday, and held our annual Hamilton Kosher Food Bank fundraiser. It was an exciting night filled with friends, supporters, volunteers, sponsors, and donors. Overall, we, as a connected community, raised more than $20,000 to support the vulnerable facing hunger.
I can guarantee that in our challenging 2020, our food security programs, including the Hamilton Kosher Food Bank, had a big impact:
- Together, we have helped to make sure that an average of 30,000 lbs of food was given out as both hampers and hot meals
- Each month, HJFS gives out an estimated 3000 lbs of food
- We provided PPE to all our food bank clients, volunteers, and staff
- We offered delivery to those without access to transportation or who were forced to isolate
- Through the support of our community partners, our pantry walls were stocked with locally grown fruits and vegetables
We could not have done this work without your support.
In 2021, we promise to continue delivering the vital food supports of Ontario’s only kosher food security service west of Toronto. We will continue to offer our compassionate religious/ethno-cultural food programs. We will continue to do the work of community engagement, advocacy, and support. We promise to be there, and to make sure no one is turned away.
We need your help. We know that you too believe that no individual should go hungry.
We ask that you support our virtual fundraiser, “A Night Out (In)” on February 28th, 2021. From the comfort and safety of your own home, HJFS will deliver you delicious and curated snacks, a sampling of craft beer, a digital video featuring talent, along with access to an incredible online auction.
All funds raised from this event will be put back directly to our food security programs: The Hamilton Kosher Food Bank, Community Gardens, and Kosher on Wheels.
We aim to raise $25,000 this year. We know that the need will be there.
Thank you in advance for your support. You will never know who you helped, but we can guarantee that your help makes a true difference in lives.
OUR AREAS OF FOCUS
Join Our Mailing List
Subscribe to receive our e-newsletter, updates, and information on upcoming workshops & events.