Hamilton Jewish Family Services offers a wide range of adult social and educational programs. Programs are being offered in person, on ZOOM expect for Kibitz Corner which is a telephone based program.
Walking for wellness
J-WALK is a simple walking club for individuals 55+. This is a great way to stay fit, meet other active people, and discover new places to walk in the community.
J-WALK meets every Monday at 10:30 am from JHamilton, 1605 Main Street West. Cost is free but registration is required.
During July and August walk begins at 9:30 am.
Friendly Caller Program
We are looking for volunteers to be part of this program.
This is an opportunity for you to connect with individuals to ensure they feel connected to their communities, assist in reducing the effects of loneliness and strengthen their resilience toward wellness and independence.
If you are interested in being a Volunteer Friendly Caller
email email@example.com or call her at 905-627-9922 ext 30
Amy Back is back with some tips and tricks for the Apple user of the IPhone, IPad and MacBook.
Participants must bring their own equipment to use during the class.
Session begins on Tuesday, November 29th – 8 week session. Class begins at 1:00 pm and is an hour in length.
Classes held at JFS offices, 30 King Street East, Dundas.
Kibitz Corner is a phone based program providing education and recreational programing in a fun and interactive atmosphere.
Programs run Monday thru Thursday at 11 am and are open to all.
KIBitz corner Basics:
- Completely free program.
- Programs are multi-person phone conversations (or conference calls).
- No special equipment needed – just your average phone!
- Call yourself in to the program, or we can call you – it’s your choice!
- Each phone session is 30 minutes in length.
- Each phone session averages between 5 – 10 people on the call.
- You are able to hear each other, talk to one another, learn, and/or just have fun!
Kibitz Corner promotes an environment that values:
- Positive communication between people
- Courteous conduct
- Mutual respect, fairness and equality
Contact Christine Nusca at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information